This page will show all of the projects I have completed for ELPS810.

Please click the Images to get to the corresponding pages.

  1. 1.Educational Web Site - I created a web site on adding fractions. The site covers adding fractions with like and unlike denominators, as well as adding mixed numbers and improper fractions. There are videos embedded in each page to help describe the processes.

  1. 2.Image Map - I created an image map that introduces the different musical instrument families. Each link goes to a Wikipedia link that discusses each family in more detail, and lists the different types of instruments in that family.

  1. 3.Movie Project - I created a movie that would introduce a unit on the Aztecs. This movie was made in iMovie and uses pictures and video under the rules of the Fair Use Clause. The audio used in the video is “Drum Trip” by Rusted Root.

  2. 4.Educational Podcast - This podcast explains how to multiply numbers using the lattice method. The podcast can be heard on this site and/or downloaded on to your iPod. The script was written and read by me, Josh Frisch and the music used is “Wonton” by Medeski, Martin & Wood. Images were used under the Fair Use Clause, and were edited by me.

  3. 5. Virtual Field Trip with Google Earth - This virtual field trip highlights seven major works of American architect Frank Lloyd Wright. You must first download and install Google Earth (if you do not already have it). You then need to click on the image to the right to download the .kmz file. After downloading double click on the file and it SHOULD open up in Google Earth. If it does not, open Google Earth and open the file through there.

  4. 6. Social Bookmarking - To find websites on educational technology, we used both Google and the social bookmarking site Diigo. After finding five websites on each, I found it was quicker finding information on Diigo since people had already tagged the sites correctly. Click on the picture to the right to see my personal Diigo page.

  5. 7.Scratch Project - For my Scratch project I decided to create an activity to test students’ knowledge of plural nouns. It is ten questions long, with each question having 3 different answer choices. The user has two chances to get the correct answer before moving on to the next question. At the end of the game there is a different response depending on the user’s score. However, no matter what the score is, the user has the option of restarting from the beginning to try again.

    While I was creating the project I came across a few surprising things. First, I was surprised how easy it was to find errors that I made. The way the programming is setup makes discovering errors much easier than other programming languages. I was also surprised that I could not make the curtains in the beginning sequence fully disappear. There seems to be a limit to how far images can go on the X or Y axes.

    One of the most frustrating parts came at the end of the production process. After uploading my project, and testing it online, I found that the speech bubbles would show up for a fraction of a second or not at all at different parts of the program. I found this happened most often on the proceeding question after two incorrect responses, as well as right after completing the activity. Since there does not seem to be an easy work-around, I have added a link to the program file so that the program can be viewed in full and without errors.

    I hope that as I use Scratch more, I will be able to limit my errors and expand my use of features in future projects.

Click above to see the project online.

Click here to download the file directly. (You must have Scratch on your computer to view it. You may download it at